Monday, August 30, 2010

In Which I Return to 'Real Life'

Today marked the day when I officially ended my six month respite from work. Good bye vacation...

I picked up some new yarn today from Wild & Wooly! I got some more cotton classic in red to make another 'Strawberry hat' & some Cotton classic in purple to make a 'Grape hat' for my old adviser's new baby twins! Also making them booties in bright red wool & a light green. I'm trying to stay away from stereotypical baby colors as my adviser happens to be a feminist anthropologist, among other labels. Apparently, they are three months old at this point in time & so I'm hoping to get these 4 projects done in approximately 2 months so that they can enjoy them at approximately 5-6 months old.

I also have the Kureyon Kozy I am working on for Steven as a christmas present (sh! Don't tell!) but that has been sidelined as I work on these baby projects. (I love knitting for babies, it's the best!)

No comments:

Post a Comment