Sunday, August 29, 2010

Someday, I'll be one of those ladies the teenagers have to explain technology to...

Because right now, I'm not quite sure I understand some of the post options-I'll get it in time so long as I fiddle with it. But I have a feeling that in the future? I'll probably have no clue.

In any case, I started a new knitting project last night! I have a bunch of single skeins/partial skeins of yarn in my stash. I was browsing through knitty.com (a free knitting magazine that has an archive of all of their knitting patterns published) and found this. It looks gorgeous. I don't have the specific yarn it asks for, but I do have yarn that would look quite pretty in it. As Steven has mentioned tea in practically every email I've gotten, I figured this would make a good christmas present (probably with some other knitted things/bought things). Yes, I do get into christmas shopping even at this time of year-mostly so I don't run around like a banshee when everyone else does, trying to wrap up christmas shopping.

So far, I have completed the inner base & after some confusion in interpreting the meaning of 'outer base' and re-reading the description, have also finished up the outer base. Next step, I think, is knitting them together and then knitting upwards.. I have yet to actually print the pattern out, so I'm in a stall pattern before attaching the two bases (I'd like to have reassurance on paper that I'm doing something right).

The other day, I discovered the giraffe and I think I might have to make it at some point. Perhaps as a gag gift for my brother. I love being crafty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment