Friday, August 27, 2010

What I'm Reading

A year and a half ago, I was in the throes of my senior thesis at college. I was writing about knitting and gender issues. I discovered the book, Knit Lit but quickly realized that it was not going to be useful in my [very long] paper. I picked it up again on a whim the other day & have so far been charmed by the essays it contains. I love hearing about others' experiences in the knitting world-of their troubles with a particular project or their success stories. Or how they donated to charity through the craft. They were quite short essays, but I have a feeling I'll finish the book!

On another topic, I have a piece of fanfiction in the firefly 'verse'  that's been 'languishing' for the last 5.5 months (explained by the fact that I was hiking in the woods for this period of time-creative writing and hiking don't seem to mix too well for me). It is, technically complete, as each chapter is independent of the rest and can stand alone. I don't think I"m done, yet. I am however, stuck as to what to focus on next (each seem to be focusing on an aspect of Jayne and of River). Perhaps I shall simply stare at it until inspiration strikes. Or I could actually work on an original fiction short story that I had an idea for....

As for what to expect on this blog-hopefully I'll find interesting links, tidbits of news..I'll probably share what I'm thinking of purchasing, hiking gear wise, yarnwise, and maybe I'll even be brave enough to share some writing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment