Sunday, September 5, 2010

It's 9:30 in the morning and my hands are still cold. They're actually getting hives, which, in the last week would have been unheard of. The weather has been stifling, to say the least-highs of 99 degrees and high humidity as well, it seems. Yesterday was nice, at 83 & low humidity. Felt like the 60s. This morning, we woke up to a temperature below 60! That was quite exciting. However-it does mean hives for my hands. I am willing to accept this in order to not die of dehydration and heat stroke. 


In the last couple of days, I've been pretty busy with the knitting, at least. I'm sure I mentioned it, but my former adviser had twin babies and I"m going to knit for them! Baby knitting is so. much. fun. I have currently finished one of the hats-Ann Norling's Strawberry hat. Purchased the pattern a while ago at Wild & Wooly a store I am unsure how I feel about. Great yarn selection, but the ladies who run the place are a tad bit on the brusque side. I don't necessarily need help when I'm actually choosing yarn-but I'd like to make friendly chitchat. I usually feel as if I'm an interloper, someone who isn't really a knitter because I'm under the age of 40. I think the one time I was accepted there was when I brought my boyfriend to buy yarn so i could make him a hat in a color he liked. 


Anyways, I got the pattern to make a strawberry hat about 6 months ago when I heard that my friend Laura was going to have a baby. I finished that one when I took a few days off from thru-hiking the AT back in June. Now, I'm utilizing the same pattern to make another strawberry hat and a grape hat-or if you look at it the right way, an eggplant hat. Not sure what I'm going to call it. 


Here are some pics!
This is the grape hat. My progress has stalled in favor of another project, as this one I can do without watching my hands. Perfect for tonight, which is a Star Wars marathon! 



The finished Strawberry hat! It looks rather pumpkinish in this picture, but I swear its redder than that. 



The 'Kureyon Kozy' a teapot cozy. Apparently my camera prefers focusing on the lamp behind it, however. I love this yarn and was trying to find something to do with it. This project jumped out at me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment