Monday, September 20, 2010

Some progress & a new craft!

I noted on Saturday that I was working on these baby booties. I've gotten ever so slightly farther (nearly done with the first bootie) & I have a picture!

There was a patch of sunlight in the living room that I decided to take advantage of. As I'm sure you've deduced... I'm not a photographer by interest or profession. More of the utilitarian sort here.. (read: I'm crap at it). At least I haven't made any mistakes in the actual knitting since Saturday! (Except I noticed some twisted stitches and decided that they didn't actually exist...)

While I love knitting, I've been toying with the idea of making my own clothes to a certain extent. Everyone tells me to start small.. Very good idea! I found instructions for turning two old t-shirts into a neat skirt on craftster. I'm pretty happy with the result:


As you might or might not be able to see, I used a harry potter t-shirt-"I solemnly swear I am up to no good" on the front and "Mischief Managed" on the back. I won this t-shirt back in college when they had a Harry Potter fundraiser dinner. (My college is full of nerds/dorks/geeks whatnot. Its awesome.) 
I used part of the bottom of a t-shirt & a sleeve from my old Lesbian Threesome shirt.. In reality, its the women's studies t-shirt that has three intersecting women signs.. But Lindsay always called it her lesbian threesome shirt and I kinda copied her in that. Perhaps I shall make a skirt with the remains of that shirt. Entirely plausible, I think.. It was big enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment