Sunday, October 17, 2010

AT Day 6

We all got up around the same time, packing our stuff. I futzed bout, trying to melt some snow, as I was low on water. I didn't waste too much time doing that, packing up my backpack, shivering into my frozen shirts. Big Sky left earlier with Appleseed and Branch. I felt bad-I knew I was slow the day earlier and that was hard.

I left shortly after SIlver, before the picnic sisters. Followed the fresh tracks, cursing all of the blow downs and obstacles that had been created because of the snow storm the day earlier. Eventually, I saw someone in the distance. I was bewildered. I know I'm slow. It took a while, but I caught up with Silver-he was going slowly to slow down the dehydration process, as he had not gotten water the night before either. I saw tracks coming from a camping area, wondering who the hell would want to camp the night before in that snow storm.

I kept bumping into Silver as the day passed on and eventually, we reached the gap at the same time. Neither of us really wanted to hitch, so I called the Blueberry Patch, just to check and see if they were open yet. Indeed, they were and Gary could come pick us up! Fantastic!

We didn't go into town-but I didn't need to and Silver didn't absolutely have to. Spent the afternoon doing laundry and enjoying being dry and warm. It was fantastic and relaxing to do nothing. We went to the church dinner that night-all six of us (a first for all hostel guests to go) and I had so much food-the first large amount of food I'd eaten at all and it was delicious. I was so grateful for their giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment