Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

I think this is the scariest day of the year. This year, at least.


Not because I've seen terrifying costumes or movies or whatnot. I've mostly tuned out of the Halloween hype. It isn't really my thing. In fact-the last time I dressed up was two or three years ago when I dressed as Nymphadora Tonks at college for an evening.

No, I'm terrified, because Nanowrimo starts tomorrow (er, tonight at midnight) and I might know the name of my story and the names of the main characters, but I know NOTHING about them. I don't really know where this story is going and I'm worried that because this is my second year and I won so easily last year that it'll be different this year. I'll get 5K and quit. I don't want to. I like the basis of this story. I feel like it's much better than the last one, more realistic for me to tell it.

But I still have no idea what I'm going to write. And I haven't done ANY research, so a lot of what I say will be made up and will have to be corrected at some point to reflect some historical accuracy.

At least my computer no longer has wireless internet, so when I bring it around to write-ins I can't distract myself by the internet. But I also can't use Write or Die when I'm not home, I can't check wikipedia or google to see some fact or another.

I think I need to spend today getting to know Jesse/Jessamine.

No comments:

Post a Comment